Whether it’s heavy, painful periods or bleeding between cycles or after menopause, abnormal bleeding could be a sign of a serious problem. You don’t have to tolerate it or spend your energy worrying about what’s wrong. Dr. Hessel is here to help with the latest in patient-friendly gynecologic medicine, along with the expertise – and personal care – you and your primary physician can feel good about.
It starts with better diagnostic technology. Many women’s health issues can lead to abnormal periods and other kinds of abnormal uterine bleeding. Here’s a short list:
- Hormone imbalances – Especially for young women and for those of us approaching menopause.
- Uterine fibroids – Noncancerous growths that develop inside or outside of the uterus.
- Endometriosis – A painful condition that occurs when the lining of the uterus grows out into other parts of the pelvic region, interfering with the function of the pelvic organs and indirectly leading to abnormal bleeding.
- With so many different factors involved, it’s important to get well-qualified, experienced medical care from a dedicated physician. Dr. Hessel works with you to understand your medical history, your symptoms and your lifestyle. She’ll talk with you about your condition, explain the pros and cons of all your options and guide you in making an empowered choice regarding your treatment.
A better standard of care is always the prescription Dr. Hessel cares about your well-being. That’s why she always recommends the treatment option that will be easiest on you in every way. She may treat your abnormal bleeding with:
- Nutrition and lifestyle changes – With plenty of education and support, simple solutions are sometimes the best idea.
- Low-dose birth control pills or other hormone therapy, including hormone replacement therapy.
- Uterine fibroids treatment with myomectomy surgery.
- Minimally invasive surgery – Dr. Hessel is an award-winning gynecologic surgeon and performs most procedures on an outpatient basis in some of the area’s finest facilities.
- Endometrial ablation – One of the most effective techniques for relieving heavy, painful periods, this treatment offers a quick recovery. It is an excellent alternative to hysterectomy surgery.