This is a doctor’s blog.
Yes. I know.
Why is there food on here?
Well, because I believe that wellness is a total body belief. We care for our futures through preventive screenings and our babies with regular prenatal exams. All very important things. But to care for our whole selves, we must look at how we manage our exercise, our mental health and yes–even our diet. So every once in awhile, I’m going to give you a healthy recipe. Just something easy that you can have ready in no time. Something full of fresh flavor and impressive enough for entertaining or a lazy night at home with the family.
Today let’s do roast asparagus. It’s in season right now and you can pick up a bunch at a local farmer’s market or just in the grocery store. It should be on sale right now as well. Even better!
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears (about 16-18 spears)
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
Prepare the asparagus:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare it, wash it well in cool water and break or slice off the bottom inch of the stem. This part can be a little tough.
- Place the asparagus on a rimmed cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oil and toss to coat. Spread the asparagus out in a single layer.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until the veggies are tender and slightly crispy on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the lemon zest. Toss to coat and enjoy hot.
Keep an eye out for more healthy food, healthy living and fitness tips here on the blog. Thanks so much for coming by. We love you guys!