Health Insurance Card Checklist
- Have you read the information on the front and back of all of your, and your spouse’s, insurance cards?
- If you are required to get pre-certification or authorization for services, have you called your insurance company?
- If you’ve called your insurance company, have you given the hospital your authorization number?
- Do you know if your insurance company will cover doctor and hospital charges?
- If your policy has a deductible, how much is it?
- If your policy requires a second medical opinion, have you received it?
- If your policy requires a co-payment, how much is it?
- If your policy requires a referral form for health services, have you received it and given it to the hospital’s admissions office?
- If your policy requires a claim form, have you filled it out?
- If you are scheduled for surgery, is it related to an accident? If so, have you given the hospital all information about when, where and how the accident happened?
- Are you covered by more than one insurance plan? If so, have you given the hospital all the information about all plans, including the plan name, address, phone number, ID number, enrollee’s date of birth, completed claim form and/or completed referral form?
We do not want you to be surprised by anything, so we offer as much information regarding your health insurance as possible to assist in understanding your financial responsibility. If you have further questions, contact our office at (718) 275-7200.